Monday, October 1, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Remember Clint Eastwood’s Classic movie, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I love the scene with the final showdown between Clint Eastwood and the other main characters at the graveyard. This showdown represents what the month of September was like for my business.

The Good…

In September, I focused on Website Design and article marketing to help my search engine rank. The results were outstanding! I wrote five articles and posted them on the e-zine websites.

In September, I increase my visits from 293 to 417 and my hits launched from 3996 to 16814. The articles were only online for the last two week! I added a lot of new and interesting content to my website which I think accounts for the increase in number of hits. I also saw a huge increase in the amount of AdSense dollars that I received last month. They swelled from only $0.30 to $12.02. Since I posted my last two articles just last week and the others were only posted two weeks ago. It will be interested how much I make from AdSense this month.

The last good thing that I saw at the end of the month was a great increase in the number of appointment for new students. I bet it will have a giant effect on this month.

The Bad…

In September, I saw to many membership cancellations. We had a week school closing because I tested for my 5th degree Black Belt. Every time I schedule a school closing, I loose students. I do not see any traveling in my future and one of my goals for the next year in getting a leadership team in place and to find students that I can mentor into teachers.

The Ugly…

Last month basically stunk for revenues. I was almost $1700 below the prior month – ouch that hurts. Why? First, September I held no special events and had no Birthday Parties scheduled. Second, it seems that everything you do in business has a lag. In other words, a bad September means that I was not doing the right things in July or August. I planted some good seeds in September and hopefully, we’ll see them take root in October.

October WIT (Whatever It takes) Goals

* Generate $9000 in Gross Revenues through my business
* 5-10 New Enrollments – I’ll increase my marketing
* Create $100 in passive income – I plan to write 5 more articles this month. I want to get this portion up to $1000 of passive income. That way, I could plow most of the money earned through the business back into the business.
* Nutritional Self-Defense Meal Planner Cards – I am working with a nutritionist to make a meal planner card to assist on weight loss. I will offer the cards for free shortly at my school website, www.maximpactkarate.com. I will use these cards to attract new visitors to my website, into my karate and kickboxing program, and to entice people to sign up for my newsletter. It may take a little time to complete because I may need to copyright the cards.
* Finish writing an E-book – I have an e-book that I am close to finishing. I will offer it online for a small fee and use it as part of my introductory packet for new students.

Man, am I getting excited just writing all of these things down. Like the final showdown in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, it's time to stare down The Bad and The Ugly so that The Good wins the duel.

0 comments: