Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Scariest Movie This Year

Autumn arrived and the leaves are changing with the coming of cooler weather. With Halloween just around the corner, we watched some horror movies, but last night, I watched possibly the scariest movie ever. No, it was not the new Rob Zombie version of Halloween or John Carpenter's 1408. No, these didn't come close.

What's the movie that scared this tough Martial Artist.

MAXED OUT!

Maxed Out is about the rising consumer credit card debt in America. I swear this movie had me tossing and turning all night.

I felt empathy for the poor that these credit card companies victimize.

I felt sad how the people at collection agencies thought of peoples lives like a sport, laughed and turned a blinded eye on the damage they inflict.

I could not believe that credit card companies extend credit to people they know can't afford it because "they are the most profitable."

Folks, I barely watch TV but this is definitely worth the education.

So what to do?

  • Become an strong advocate of simple living-- to live a Spartan lifestyle by choice.
  • Kill all consumer debt -- I have some small business debts that I am going to destroy.
  • Become more frugal with my business spending

If you have debt, please watch this movie. It's an eye opener

0 comments: