Friday, April 4, 2008

New Special Needs Karate Classes – Opportunity Knocks

A few months ago, I had the idea of starting a special needs class for children Autism Spectrum Disorder. I spread the word about my interest to students, prospect, and members of the community

I thought teaching the class on Saturdays right after our leadership training would be a great opportunity for our leadership team to get some hands on – one on one – training. This would give a high student to teacher ratio – a win-win for everyone.

Suddenly last week, I got an e-mail from a caseworker, Ashley, at the Penn Foundation. She heard from a client that I would be interested in teaching children with Autism Spectrum Disorders – PDD, Asperser’s, ADHD, etc.

I called her and she said that there’s a huge interest in a Karate Summer Program, but no one provides such a program for special needs children. What a great opportunity I thought!

Martial Arts Schools usually experience a summer slow down. Well, I found out that these children receive a summer program grant (no price resistance) and for one class a week – 12-week program, I can set a tuition rate that approaches my elite program rates!

I had a modest goal of 10 children. I wanted 10 children because it would give me the opportunity to fine tune the program and fill our school with enough students to makeup for the students that leave for the summer. In less than a week, I have two students signed up and five prospects. It looks like I may need to open another class.

If you’re school slows down for the summer (and you do not own a school in close to mine – LOL), you may want to look into this idea.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Among the best posts We've ever previously checked out in this topic. Thanks a lot!