Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Breaking the Paid by the Hour Paradigm

One of the main reasons for my interest in starting a business was that I hate the Paid by the Hour idea of work. Once I became a salary employee, I hated that even more because your boss expected you to work overtime without extra compensation.

A business pays you by the results.

Good results mean good money. Poor results mean poor money.

I set out to create a business to unleash me from the paid by the hour paradigm. In other words, the old saying states “time is money”. This is a very paid by the hour thought.

After reading the The 4-Hour Workweek, I decided that I want to change the “time is money” to “the least time for the most money”. I am constantly looking for new ways to get greater results on less time.

I graduated college with a science degree so I am constantly experimenting. The experiment is to see if I can gradually start reducing my work hour to only 4 hours per day, five days a week.

So far, I’ve been very successful. I found that I was easily able to reduce my work hours from 10 to 12 per day, to about 5 hours per day. I am looking for people interested in teaching and eventually, I hope that I’ll be able to take some days off.

I’ll let you know how my experiment continues.

0 comments: