Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tips on Cleaning from the Fly Lady

I believe in running a school with white glove cleanliness. To make it easier on my staff, I wanted it outline each responsible. I am always looking for the most effective and efficient way. In my research, I run across the www.flylady.net.

I used the Fly Lady concepts to organize the cleaning at our business.

The Fly Lady’s concepts in a nutshell

  1. Create Zones – The first area is to divide your business into zones. I divided our school in 5 zone: Entrance, Mat Area, Front Desk, Waiting Area, and Bathrooms
  2. Make a Control Journal – The Control journal is where you store your basic routines and basic weekly plan.
  3. Set Basic Routines – For each zone, you make a basic cleaning routine. The basic cleaning routine is a checklist tasks to finish the zone.
  4. Determine the Weekly Plan – The weekly plan determine each day which routine and zone to cleaning.

Creating the control journal with a checklist of tasks and a schedule makes training and implementing with a staff easier. The bottom line is that your students reap the benefits. Most people don't want to train in an area that smells like a gym locker and they especially don't want to send their children there.

If you want to organize your business or home, I suggest visiting the www.flylady.com and set up your routines today. Next task to organize my home.

0 comments: