Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What’s your story?

One of my favorite blogs is Duct Tape Marketing. I recently read his post on Share your Story

I love this idea!

What is a story?
Duct tape marketing states, “stories are nothing more than fun, captivating, motivational, honest conversations that illustrate what makes you knowable, likeable and trustable.”

I already used it to some extent but now, I plugged right into my enrollment presentation. It works great because it builds an instant connection with my prospects.

Here’s our business story.
“I started the Martial Arts at the age of 9 years old. My parent drove me pretty far for me to take lessons. Well, I feel that I benefited from that early training in so many ways and that I can not imagine how my life would have been without it.

I always had the dream even back then to start a karate school in my hometown to help children just like me and give back to the community.

Well, in 2004, the gym that I taught karate closed and I still had the desire to teach. I thought it would be a great time to follow that childhood dream and start a school in my hometown.

I started teaching at a church auditorium and the school grew to the point that we moved to our current location. We continue follow our mission to help develop children and give back to the community."

0 comments: