Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm Back

I’m back! My wife, Ester and I moved into a new home last week. I was unable to blog because we were so busy and we did not have an internet connection. Getting everything back together is a huge undertaking!

We meet a few challenges. First, we meet challenges getting the appliances installed. The appliance store informed us that they back ordered our cloths washer and dryer. After one trip to the Laundromat, we decided this was a top priority.

Second, our plumbing is this new tubing called Pex. I found that most plumbers won’t touch the stuff. The builder referred us to a plumbing company to install our dishwasher and said, “Tell them we referred you”. I did just that and they quoted me a price of $450. I thought “What!!! That sounds high”. So I proceeded to call every plumber in the phone book, I received quote $159. That’s more like it! I guess the other quote was the builders special. Thank god that I follow my purchasing policy.

Finally, THE INTERNET. We planned to switch to Verizon FIOS service for the internet and TV. I started calling them Mid-December to schedule new service. The sales representative gave me a phone number to call to setup service. I called 9 times and left detailed messages. I finally called the main number on December 4 and scheduled installation for December 23. It really bothered me because now we needed to wait for 2 weeks after moving in to receive these services. I cancelled the installation with Verizon (I waited for 45 minutes to get a representative) and we went back to Comcast.

Why tell you all of this? In the life of entrepreneur, the lines between your personal life and business life fade. When I worked for a company, the line between work and home were perfectly clear – now, everything is gray.

0 comments: