Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Integration from Contract Management Systems with QuickBooks

This month, I said the theme of this month is automation. I made my first step in automating my systems by integration my contract and contact management system with QuickBooks.

The service costs about an extra $81 per month, but I feel this is well worth the cost.

Why?

Because… Currently, I am entering everything into QuickBooks myself. This takes at least 12 hours of time every month. Now, I hit a button and my system synchronizes with QuickBooks and bam, I’m done. The alternative would be to pay an accountant to enter the data. My books were getting more and more complex so I think that I eventually would have needed an accountant to sort out everything. Therefore, the integration was a wonderful and relatively inexpensive solution.

I save time, money, and heartache all in one.

Next Automation Project

My next step in automation is to write ten letters that I can e-mail on a weekly cycle to new prospects. I started to discipline myself to ask new prospects for their e-mail address.

Why do I like e-mail campaigns better than mailed campaigns?
1. I write the e-mail once and my contact management system sends them automatically. For mailed campaigns, there is prep work and expense each time.
2. E-mail allows the prospect to opt out. Opting out is a great indication that the prospect is not interested in your service any more. Mail generally does not give that kind of feedback.

Okay, I am off to writing.

0 comments: