Friday, July 9, 2010

Why my time on Facebook is worth more than my daughter's time?

My daughter says that I am too old to be on Facebook. When I am using the laptop computer, she makes comments that I am on it too long and waste time on Facebook. Most of these comments are made so that she can spend an equally long time on the internet and facebook too.

I figured I'd write a quick article that's a little tongue in cheek about time management and wasting time. Two people can use the same tool and one is managing time and the other is wasting time.

This brings us to the story of my daughter and I. My daughter goes on the computer and spends hours making and reading updates on Facebook, posting pictures, watching videos on Youtube, etc.

I do the same thing. I make updates on Facebook, watch YouTube videos, and write blog posts.

So how is my time worth more than hers?

Well, I use these things as a fantastic way to market for free. My Facebook status updates have to do with my activities in my karate school. I post and watch YouTube videos to add value for my student by getting new ideas for my classes or posting videos that are useful to my students.

This activity on-line has brought me 5 new students within the last few months that will create about $10,000 in additional income and I had fun while doing it.

My daughter managed to have fun while just wasting time.

I digress.

So, What are you doing on-line? Wasting time or furthering your goals.

0 comments: